Interested in a New Home Development or a Custom Build-to-Suit in the Phoenix area? Consult with your Cashman Partners Team Agent before you sign up.
In our industry, we provide value to both buyers and sellers in exchange for earned commissions. From the listing side it’s all about proper pricing strategy, staging, marketing, vetting prospective buyers, networking and subsequently receiving an offer. Once we get there, we enter an entirely new world of responsibilities from negotiating the contract terms to closing. For those of you who may be new to this, the seller of a property pays the total commission to the listing broker, who in turn pays a portion to the buyer’s broker, typically half.
Buyers often feel they can negotiate better terms by working directly with a listing agent, where the listing agent represents both parties in what we call “dual agency” or “limited dual representation”. We conduct transactions like this often, usually with two agents from the same brokerage company. But eliminating a buyer’s agent from the transaction doesn’t necessarily mean you will be able to negotiate better terms or a better price. In addition, your agent will be working in the best interest of both parties, not just yours.
The same philosophy applies to new construction as it does to a resale property. You should consult with your buyer’s agent prior to visiting new home sales offices or opening dialogues with a builder. There are a number of reasons, not the least of which is that you should be an educated buyer. When you walk in with your agent the first time you are informed and prepared to discuss your potential purchase. Again, we are here as your advocates and can provide value in communicating with the selling side, whether it be a production builder or a luxury custom home builder. Simply because you arrive without a buyer’s agent doesn’t mean the company/builder will discount the price accordingly, since commissions are built in to their pricing structure. Here are a few additional compelling reasons to consult with us first:
1) We Listen. We believe in listening to you, our buyers to identify key criteria for buying decisions. Our relationship is based on understanding your needs and wants, your likes and dislikes. This allows us to be better prepared to know what we are looking for. The Cashman Partners Buyer Profile is a tool we use for new homes and resales, and gives us a wonderful overview of what our clients are looking for.
2) We Know the Market. It would be nice for our buyers to walk in to a sales office knowing recent comparable resales, new closings in the subdivision, and additional information regarding other similar communities. How sold out is the neighborhood? How quickly are they moving through inventory? Will this be a solid project against other similar ones?
3) We Know What Questions to Ask. There are many questions buyers may never think to ask, and we are able to help identify these and bring answers to the table early in the transaction:
- Builder incentives, rebates and financing
- Available inventory including floor plans and which lots can they be built on
- Spec homes already under construction and delivery dates
- Included feature versus paid upgrades
- Lot sizes, lot premiums, and surrounding area plans
- Community fees & amenities, rules & regulations
- Build times and deposit schedules, including earnest deposits and reservation fees
4) We Have Valuable Relationships. There are several new home developments under construction currently, as well as spec homes from some of our favorite luxury home builders in the Phoenix area. Your Cashman Partners Team Agent can coordinate showings for those properties under construction, and if you are building a custom to suit we can help you with lot selection, builder meetings and planning.
Cashman Partners | Russ Lyon Sotheby’s International Realty will take you from Concept to Closing with your next new build, creating a positive experience from Start to Finish. Contact Us today to ask about the newest construction projects in the Valley!