PET MOVING CHECK LIST
PLEASE review these Pet Relocation Tips to ensure a smooth transition for your pets. We know moving is hard for you, and it’s hard for them too!
A Month Before you Move
- Visit the vet to make sure you collect pertinent medical records.
- Make sure any existing medications are in supply.
- Have your pets vaccinated along with a complete checkup.
- Update your ID tags.
HomeAgain® Microchip We are personally fortunate to have had our dog (the big red boy Boris returned to us due to his microchip. Going to an unfamiliar place may make your pets uneasy and they don’t know the surroundings. Make sure you contact the company to provide them with your updated contact information. This is a life saver.
On Moving Day
- Keep your pets away during the moving process. It’s very stressful and they will feel insecure as items are being taken from home. Board them for the day or have a friend take them for you.
- Your pets will take time to explore strange surroundings. Give them space and time needed to get accustomed to your new home.
- Remember you will be stressed. Understand that your pets DON’T understand what is happening and try to be patient with them
- WATER WATER WATER…especially here in Arizona, we need hydration and so do they.
Overall, a move is a family affair. Treat your pets as you do your children, and try to assuage any insecurities that will undoubtedly come with this experience. They are our best friends and are VERY adaptable if the right steps are taken.