City of Scottsdale Plans to Upgrade Ball Field Lights at Copper Ridge.
This is FANTASTIC news for our residents at the Haciendas at DC Ranch, as well as other neighboring DC Ranch & Silverleaf communities that have the Copper Ridge ball field lights in their line of sight. At an informational meeting held on Tuesday, Cashman Partners came away with some details regarding this plan, which has a completion targeted for December 2014 – January 2015.
The City of Scottsdale Parks & Recreation, in partnership with the Scottsdale Unified School District has budgeted $1.4M to upgrade lighting at several ball fields including six fields and the soccer field at Copper Ridge. The lighting contract was awarded to Musco, a company well known in the sports lighting business. Additional details are available on the www.scottsdaleaz.gov website, or by contacting Tim Barnard with Parks & Recreation at email@example.com.
The project will update the technology for safe play, energy savings, cost savings and improvements for neighboring communities with less light spill and less hardware:
- Light spill reduced by 50%.
- Copper Ridge hardware reduced by 40%.
- Currently 235 fixtures on 38 70′ poles | New program will be 172 fixture on 34 60′ & 70′ poles.
- New poles will be narrower and the light fixtures will have improved visors.
- Current technology has only 35% of the light generated reaching the playing fields | New program will have 70% of the generated light reaching the fields through improved larger visors that are computer programmed to target the fields.
- More light on the fields = Less light in the neighborhoods.
- The computer programming will permits operation of the lights ONLY when fields are in use, and ONLY for the registered event dates and times. No more keys, or discretion of the coaches to operate.
- Soccer field will be one of the few in the country to be lit using LED technology, which is only applicable for ground sports.
- Targeted completion date: December 2014 to January 2015.
This is really wonderful news for the homeowners in the Haciendas, since many of the back yards have stunning views of the McDowell Mountains in conjunction with these field lights. Good for the students, good for energy savings, and good for the homeowners!
To see all current homes for sale in DC Ranch, please see the link below.
Search Results: 52 Properties